Houston, Texas

I don't really know how to start this review because this situation is the WORST decision I have made in my life.I am a female who does not know a lot about cars, but how to drive them.

Related: Southwest Engines Engine Review

When my 2008 dodge Nitro's engine blew. I did not know what to do. But I was told by my mechanic that I need a new engine. So I called LKQ the WORST mistake of my life.(and I have made a lot of mistakes).

When I called them I asked them about there warranty before I purchased the engine. They told me they have a 12 month or 12,000 mile warranty. Anyways I bought the engine, which went a WHOLE 31 MILES BEFORE IT BLEW. So I call them and they say I need to place a warranty claim.

Which I did and they are going to replace my engine (THANKS) but will not replace they amount I paid in labor. I WAS TOLD THAT I SHOULD HAVE PICKED A MECHANIC I COULD AFFORD. I DIDN'T KNOW THAT I WAS GOING TO HAVE TO PAY TWICE BECAUSE THERE ENGINE WAS A PIECE OF ***. On top of all that they put on my invoice that I declined warranty labor.

So when I asked them about that they said they don't offer that.(BUT CAN PUT THAT ON MY INVOICE ANYWAYS).

BUYER BEWARE THIS COMPANY WILL NOT STAND BY THERE PRODUCT ENOUGH TO REPLACE THE FULL AMOUNT YOU PAID AND WILL BE ONE OF THE WORST DECISION YOU COULD MAKE.DO NOT RECOMMEND!!!!!!

I didn't like: Fact they cant stand behind their product used or not.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Engine
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Warranty issue / $1900
Preferred solution pay for the labor on the warranty engine. I PAID THE FIRST TIME AND EXCEPTED YOU TO SELL A PRODUCT HTAT WENT MORE THEN 31 MILES FOR $3900 INCLUDING LABOR.

Had an Experience with Lkq Corporation?

Comments

parts guy
Denver, Colorado, United States #1269463

LKQ only offers a 6 month, six thousand mile warranty to retail customers.If you read the back of your invoice, it clearly states this along with the policy about no labor warranties to retail.

Had you been a shop, they only pay $50 an hour and only cover book time. This is the same payout as any competitor that offers labor.

Aside from that, you are purchasing a used engine.There is no salvage on this planet that can guarantee every part will be 100% functional, which is why LKQ provides the 6 month warranty for free vs a 90 or 30 day like other used parts providers.