Street, England
2.0
Turnaround Time

Purchased a recycled transmission for my wife's 2006 CLK500 Mercedes from LKQ Corp.After following all warranty instructions, having Mercedes dealership install it, the trans didn't work at all.

Paid an estimate of $630. to have Mercedes check a tube on the valve body only to find that the used valve body can't be reflashed and must be replaced for an additional $2800.00! LKQ refuses any return or warranty options because you can't return after it's been installed and the warranty has a disclaimer (unless the manufacture requires valve body replacement).

My question is, where on their website does it state THIS TRANSMISSION WILL NOT WORK WITHOUT SPENDING 3 TIMES THE AMOUNT YOU PAID FOR IT)!!!I am sure I'm not the only person who has had to find this out the hard way.....

Review about: Transmission.

Reason of review: Not as described.

I liked: Customer service.

I didn't like: New valve body required needs advertised.

Had an Experience with Lkq Corporation?

Comments

parts guy
Denver, Colorado, United States #1269458

1) WARNING: New valve body / control unit must be installed and programmed in replacement transmission. Valve body / control unit are programmed with a one time program and VIN burned. The valve body from the used transmission will not work in another vehicle.

Your salesman failed to put this on the invoice, however all dealerships know this must be done.

Denver, Colorado, United States #1247118

sales person is suppose to tell you this at time of purchase.